This article should be used if you are looking to replace un-secure links following the new guidelines released by eBay.
By following this guide you will be able to replace all existing HTTP:// links to the new and secure HTTPS:// format.
However, before continuing, please make sure all links within your item descriptions are capable to be upgraded to HTTPS://
A simple way of doing this would be to take one of your image links, for example, place it into your browsers address bar and replace HTTP:// at the start of the link (usually right before www.) with HTTPS://
If the server your images are hosted on supports secure HTTPS:// links, your images should display fine. If your server does not support secure links, then you may be greeted with a screen telling you the location is un-secure. Therefore, your images would display broken.
If you have checked all links and asked third parties (you may use) if they are compliant with these new policy changes from eBay and you find out they are. Please then follow these instructions below:
- Ensure you have an active Frooition Bulk Revision subscription, if you do not you can add it to your subscriptions here.
- From this home screen, click the eBay Tab > Bulk Revision
- The “All Active Listings” button will be auto-selected, just double check this and click “Start Search”:
- Select the top checkbox to check all the listings. You can select individual listings by selecting specific tick boxes:
- Once you have your selected listings, you will need to select the type of amendment that needs to be made:
- Type/paste the link that will need changing into the left box labeled “Match this text:”
- When you have clicked “Continue” You will be prompted to confirm your actions. Once you click “Yes” all changes will be made active and final. Once this has been done, it can’t be changed back:
- Once you click “Yes” you will receive a status report telling the status of the amendment, this will generate for each of the listings that you ran this amendment on.
There are numerous uses for this function, changing links was just one example. If you needed to change a contact email address or contact number in the description section of your listing, this tool would be perfect.
The Find and Replace Bulk Revision feature is built to be used with plain text. This means that we can't guarantee 100% success when making changes due to the underlying formatting of the description & template.
Please note that if your listing doesn't comply with eBays listing policies then the update will not take place. Some of these issues could be: A listing ending soon, MPN value not valid, Postage options incorrect or any number of other issues. Please get in touch if you have any errors that you don't understand or need help with.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article